Executive Director - Hope House
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director is responsible for providing the overall leadership vision and direction needed to successfully deliver upon the mission of the Hope House. This position requires an understanding of the importance of building relationships within the community. These relationships combined with strong and innovative leadership allow for a transformational impact on the lives of the homeless clients our program serves.
- Develop alongside the Board of Directors the strategic direction/priorities for the organization and lead the implementation and execution of those priorities.
- Oversee daily operations to ensure program and organizational excellence.
- Provide oversight of the organization’s annual budget and ensure accurate financial records.
- Research and write for both public and private grant funding opportunities.
- Create and manage fundraising strategies to secure the resources needed to achieve the organization’s strategic goal.
Directly lead the Program Coordinator, Thrift Store Manager, Shelter Support Team Leader in maintaining a climate of excellence, accountability, and respect. Indirectly leads all other staff and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a Bachelor's degree in Non-Profit Management, Business, or a related field, two to five years of management experience in leading and directing a non-profit, experience in building community relationships that serve to enhance and support an organization's purpose and mission, and preferred experience with working with the homeless population.
Strategic and visionary leadership with an appetite to implement and execute, strong financial acumen for budgeting, fundraising, and resource allocation, excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and additional computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job.
Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts, some evenings & weekends, work onsite/in person.
Salary commensurate with experience ($70,000 - $80,000). Benefits include paid vacation and health insurance stipend.